Author Topic: Coronavirus Lockdown Diary  (Read 41 times)

eddieb

Coronavirus Lockdown Diary
« on: March 24, 2020, 08:13:32 AM »
Hello.
Following the PM's lockdown announcement last night, I thought I would diarise my daily thoughts.
I'm looking forward to the day when I can look back at these fondly, remembering how each day felt.

Namaste

eddieb

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Diary
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:54:42 AM »
Lockdown Day 1

Luckily I work from home a fair bit, so am fine with organising myself and my workload. Not having clients at their normal place of work might be an issue, as I am pretty sure many will not have access to all their usual work-related information at home as they would in their offices. Certainly there has been a noticeable drop in the number of phone calls and emails I receive.

Trading-wise, I don't expect much to change. Spreads may widen as I'm sure there will be an overall drop in trading activity and we have already seen the markets are highly volatile. On stocks and shares, its more important than ever before to scrutinise holdings. Some companies will simply not survive, blue-chip or corner shop, and many others will not return to profit for months or years. However, there are opportunities out there if you can find them and I will be using my extra at-home time to research as much as possible.

eddieb

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Diary
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 06:41:12 PM »
Lockdown Day 2

Not much change work-wise.  Ironic that when petrol is at its lowest price in years I don't need any as I can't drive anywhere!

Caught out today by the big rise in Sterling.  I don't expect it to last, so I may gain some pips back in the coming day or so. A good day for my ftse and sp500 shares and funds.

Namaste