Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1804 times)

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2020, 10:58:37 AM »
Really sorry to hear that, must be a very difficult time for your friend

Kaitsu

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2020, 06:29:45 PM »
My friends mother went into hospital last Tuesday,  and has now died.  My friend wasn't allowed to visit her, understandably,  so never got the chance to say goodbye.  Heartbroken
These are the tragedies of this kind of vicious disease.

Whilst the governments are concerned with peaks, flattening the curves, curing the virus, reviving markets and economies, and returning to normal - the personal tragedies still remain, permanent, irreversible, untouchable. And for those left behind, the grief and life-changing period of adjustments has only just begun.

But through all the grief and sorrow, it is worth remembering that although life and death are divided, love is the one thing that transcends that divide, reaching deep into those places where we cannot go, a fine line that cannot be broken, anchored at both ends within living hearts.
Ships are safe in harbour - but that is not what ships are for......

Kim

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2020, 08:09:05 AM »
Hi!
I was shocked to hear this morning that UK PM Boris Johnson has gone into hospital with coronavirus!! I know he has had this at home for a week but having to go into hospital it seems like it must be getting worse. I really hope he gets better soon.

Markaria

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2020, 10:26:37 AM »
Hello Kim, that was a surprise.  I read today that a tiger in Bronx zoo has caught it also. Probably from zookeeper.  This very concerning if animals can get it how do we stop them spread it to other animals and then back to other humans?

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2020, 03:06:51 PM »
Watch Out For Coronavirus Scammers!

Some scum are trying to use uncertainty around Covid-19 to scam people out of their money.

Reports say pensions are at “significant risk of harm” because of the greater autonomy that has resulted from the introduction of pension freedoms in 2015 and the Defined Contribution (DC) scheme. Victims of scams lose 22 years of pension savings on average, almost three times their annual earnings, according to the FCA.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) plans to spend £2.3m on a campaign to tackle the surge in coronavirus-related fraud.

This comes after it warned last month of “sophisticated” and “opportunistic” scammers trying to take advantage of the confusion surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, noting the rise in “good cause” scams trying to push high-risk investments in good causes such as the production of new drugs to treat the virus.

Markaria

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2020, 01:58:08 PM »
Hello.
I read in today newspaper that governments are thinking to end lock down soon.  This concerns  me as I think is too soon. UK and US have only been in lock down a few weeks.  China lock down was much longer.  I also read that 100 years ago country that returned to normal early after Spanish flu ended with more deaths and longer recession than the countrys who waited

Kim

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2020, 03:15:53 PM »
Hi everybody :)
Ive been put on furlough :( Has anybody else?  Im feeling a bit lost and not sure what to do. At least when I was working from home I had stuff to keep me fairly busy but now there's nothing.  At first its like "great I don't have to work, I can do what I like" but you cant go out, cant see your mates, its so boring!!!

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2020, 10:03:51 PM »
I don't think you're alone in how you feel Kim.
Humans are, by and large,  social animals and it goes against our nature to be confined to our homes,  even if it is for our own good.
Have you tried contacting friends or family on Zoom, Teams, or Whatsapp? It might make a difference being able to see who you're speaking to, being able to show them things.
The most important thing is your health, so take care of yourself. 
Caesar

eddieb

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »
Hi everybody :)
Ive been put on furlough :( Has anybody else?  Im feeling a bit lost and not sure what to do. At least when I was working from home I had stuff to keep me fairly busy but now there's nothing.  At first its like "great I don't have to work, I can do what I like" but you cant go out, cant see your mates, its so boring!!!

Hi Kim.

I have also been furloughed, for 2 and a half weeks,  and I know exactly how you feel.

My original plan was to do lots of jobs around the home that had been forgotten,  but I keep finding that I need to visit the diy store or garden centre for something or other, and of course they are closed.

I have started trying to plan a daily routine to replace the routines I have from work. For example,  early mornings are for exercise.  Mid morning a job around the house (minor diy/cleaning/gardening), after lunch go for a walk. Afternoon on my pc checking emails, surfing, contacting people.  Evening reading a book or watch a film, then some yoga.

Not exactly exciting,  but I find the routine helps me.

As Caesar said, stay safe.

Namaste
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2020, 01:54:03 PM »
Statements like this won't help matters in the USA, just fanning the flames

"In the United States, Attorney General William Barr has compared coronavirus shutdowns to "house arrest" and said the Justice Department could take legal action against states.

Speaking on radio programme The Hugh Hewitt Show, Barr said: "These are unprecedented burdens on civil liberties. The idea you have to stay in your house is disturbingly close to house arrest.

"We're looking carefully at a number of these rules and if we think one goes too far, we initially try to jawbone the governors into rolling them back or adjusting them. If they're not and people bring lawsuits, we [will] file statement of interest and side with the plaintiffs."

Barr's comments come after President Trump on Friday published a series of tweets calling for Minnesota, Michigan and Virginia to be "liberated". Protests have been held in those and other states with people pushing to end lockdown rules."

Sharkie

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2020, 01:34:30 PM »
Hello.
I too am in lock down. I am not having problems with it as I have lot if things to do like studying forex, spring clean, and some painting.  Trying to keep busy.

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2020, 08:03:08 AM »
Cerne Abbas giant gets his PPE sorted

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2020, 09:10:54 AM »
Apple has reopened nearly 100 of its stores globally, according to Apple senior vice president for retail, Deirdre O’Brien.

They have provided more than 30 million masks and 10 million face shield for health care workers. Apple has also deployed more than a million COVID-19 test kits each week with U.S. manufacturing partners.

There will be changes in the usual Apple Store experience.

“As of today, nearly 100 of our stores globally have been able to open their doors to our customers again,” O’Brien says. “We wanted to share a bit about how we’re carrying forward our commitment to care: how it’s informing our decision‑making, the significant steps we’re taking to keep everyone who visits one of our stores safe, and the ways in which our stores will look a little different.”

Those in-store changes include:

limiting occupancy
social distancing in the store
mandatory face masks for customers and employees
temperature checks at the door
health questions for customers for COVID-19 symptoms or recent exposure to potentially infected people
extra cleaning multiple times per day

eddieb

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading