Author Topic: The Ribbon System  (Read 915 times)

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
The Ribbon System
« on: October 20, 2019, 02:24:50 PM »
This system consists of two simple moving averages set to 6-0 and 6-1. When these averages cross over they create what’s called the ribbon.

It is a good system if one sticks to the 2-timeframe requirement and the money managment side - otherwise it will whipsaw…it is a useful method in moving markets and can earn decent, but not huge, amounts of pips.

The pdf below helps explain the set up for you.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:38:39 AM by Caeser »
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

LuckyMac

Re: The Ribbon System
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 03:12:11 PM »
Searching through the forum and see the Three Duck system and going to look at this too. Thanks :)

eddieb

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 09:58:30 AM »
Searching through the forum and see the Three Duck system and going to look at this too. Thanks :)

Its a good system, one of the first I used when I started out. A couple of things you should know about it though.
1. While it shows you how to enter a trade, it doesnt have hard rules on how/when to close it.  The pdf on it does give some suggestions on how /when to close a trade, I would suggest you follow that to begin with and make any personal tweaks later.
2. It really only works in a trending market, and markets generally only are in trends about 20% of the time. This means that you may have to wait for a trend to come along or you may need to look at other pairs to trade which may be in a trend when your preferred pair isnt.

Namaste
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:05:29 AM by eddieb »
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Kim

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 11:38:26 AM »

Hows your trading going @LuckyMac
Did you try these systems?

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 10:53:05 PM »
@Kim and @LuckyMac

would you want to share any updates?

Would  be good to hear from you.

Thanks