Author Topic: Beginners Guide To Forex  (Read 18614 times)

PipMeHappy

Re: Beginners Guide To Forex
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 05:43:41 PM »
@Markaria all I can say is: keep going... unless it makes you ill or penniless or drives people close to you away, then there is no reason not to continue trying.

I actually have not told my other half about my recent turn toward profitability as a while back I was trying to get her excited about trading but she is not keen on the idea, so I have had to pretty much keep it a secret. I do not like keeping secrets and of course it has made the journey more difficult as I always had to do this when she was not around, being very subtle. I suppose mobile trading helps to be very quick at checking positions etc. and I just put one position on at a time, so I can work with that, it is possible to combine it with keeping this something private.

There is something to think about... Do others approve of what you do?

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »
If she's  anything like my wife,  she's probably glad that you're not getting under her feet
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

eddieb

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 08:56:45 AM »
It was my wife who originally suggested I try forex trading
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Magyar

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2020, 08:45:05 AM »
@PipMeHappy
Thank  you for your supporting.
I haven't discussed forex with others, I do not think they really understand it. That is why forum is good, we can talk to people who do understand and have had same problems as us.

Pipstar

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2020, 03:13:50 PM »
Thank you for the guide, nice and straightforward. If theres anything I think of Ill post here.
 :D

PipMeHappy

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2020, 04:32:25 PM »
@PipMeHappy
Thank  you for your supporting.
I haven't discussed forex with others, I do not think they really understand it. That is why forum is good, we can talk to people who do understand and have had same problems as us.

@Markaria Thanks, indeed, a forum is one of the only places for lone-traders like us! Unless you work in the trading world, there will be very few people in your immediate circles that are likely to live and breathe fx/trading charts... though most people have some kind of understanding of -  and a few have an actual interest in - 'the markets'... but it is a very small minority who would like to meet over a coffee and pour over charts together...

:)

eddieb

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2020, 06:59:53 PM »
, a forum is one of the only places for lone-traders like us
How very true!
Even when we have completely different strategies there is always some common area of interest. And of course, its useful for double checking that you have understood something, whether that be technical or just general.
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

BWS

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2020, 02:41:17 PM »
Thank you for the guide, nice and straightforward
I'll second that @Pipstar
I have seen 'beginners guides' elsewhere that try to explain everything and end up just overloading the new students with stuff they don't really need to know, certainly not in the early years of their development.
"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm probably in the top 1" - Brian Clough

Pipstar

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2020, 09:47:28 AM »
I actually have not told my other half
Naughty man, keeping secrets from your wife. I should warn you, she will know. We ladies have a sixth sense and pick up on things you men wouldnt believe.
I bet if you told her now she would say 'Ive known that for ages, just been waiting to see how long it was before you got round to telling me' LOL

ElvisChute

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2020, 04:10:05 PM »
My lady knows what I do but doesnt understand it. And thats how I like it!
When your mum gives you a name like mine you can either hate it or embrace it - p.s. dont step on my blue suede shoes

Kim

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »
but doesnt understand it
Maybe she's just letting you think that's the case. Its like cars, we let the men think we don't understand them so the men do all the maintenance and cleaning of them. We just borrow the keys when we need to.

Gazza

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2020, 02:33:35 PM »
Reading Forex Charts

Your broker will allow you to choose how you want to view your charts. You can change the background colours, what indicators you want to see, and what types of patterns you want to look at. Below we show some of the options you will have, which you choose is entirely down to personal preference.

Candlestick charts

Also known as a Japanese Candlestick Chart, a candlestick chart is favoured by traders due to the wide range of information they portray. The chart displays the high, low, opening and closing prices for the time period you are looking at- so in a 1 hour chart, a candlestick represents price movement within one hour.

The main part of the candlestick is the body which shows us the opening price level and the closing price level. The 2 lines sticking out of the body are the wicks and these show the high and low points that price reached within the time.

Does anyone know the percentages of people using different types of candle sticks? Most of what I have seen on websites or youtube seem to be the chubby, coloured ones and not the stick figures. Or maybe Im looking in the wrong places  :D