NotTheNoobs

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow @NotTheNoobs on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else doing anything on the side to earn money, aside from trading?  (Read 270 times)

HeavLeighGill

While trading is my main source of income as a stay-at-home mom, I've also been dabbling in some other ideas. I mainly enter writing contests and I'm in the process of illustrating a children's book that I wrote as a sort of test to see how it goes and if that's something I want to get into. I also have plans to open an Etsy style store in the future.

Just curious if anyone else here has any side hustles going on? Like paid to post forums, freelance work, etc.? Or does trading occupy all of your time?

PipMeHappy

While trading is my main source of income as a stay-at-home mom, I've also been dabbling in some other ideas. I mainly enter writing contests and I'm in the process of illustrating a children's book that I wrote as a sort of test to see how it goes and if that's something I want to get into. I also have plans to open an Etsy style store in the future.

Just curious if anyone else here has any side hustles going on? Like paid to post forums, freelance work, etc.? Or does trading occupy all of your time?

Children's book illustrations? That sounds really creative! I hope it goes well and gets good traction, maybe leading to a second book, etc.?

I am pretty much a full-time dad, or was, now my little one is in her first year at school, so I have a lot more time. I freelance, have been since becoming a dad, to have more time parenting.

I actually talk about myself in two interviews on Babypips, covering all that... one in 2014 and one in 2018...

For reference...

2014:  https://forums.babypips.com/t/pipmehappy-the-full-time-music-teacher/62601?u=ananais
2018: https://forums.babypips.com/t/meet-our-incredible-pair-trader-and-music-teacher-pipmehappy/151785

I do music teaching, examining, quality assurance, lecturing, content writing, bit of YouTubing, then language translating and interpreting. Just monetising everything that I have but my soul - that gets used up when trading  :P :P :P

Anyone else??

Simonmatthews

Sounds like you are very creative to be writing books and things. I like to spend as much time travelling so I trade while I am on the road and when I am back home I tend to pick up seasonal work to make up extra money for the next trip or take the pressure off my trades going forward. I have put my hand to many jobs from labouring to bar work.

Peterma

Children's stories - that was my favourite past time - telling stories.

The 3 little rabbits and the bad wolf. The wolf had a smoke car which gave him away as he sneaked off with the rabbits in a bag.

The mummy rabbit often told the 3 not to venture into the woods alone but of course the eldest rabbit would know better.

Then there was the good wolf - he would watch out what the bad wolf was up to, despite protestations of innocence the good wolf would insist on entering and checking the bad wolf's tied up bag. "let me out, let me out" was a big giveaway.

Once I took out a children's book to tell a story -"no no dad, we want to here a story from your mouth"  - never forgot that :)

PipMeHappy

@Peterma  that is so good. I create stories in my head for my daughter too, a lot. Sometimes she will still ask for actual stories, which seems like a vote of no confidence but actually when I am really out of ideas it is a welcome request :)

@Simonmatthews  sounds like you have a lot of freedom to come and go. Do you trade on an app and how is that, compared to a full screen? I suppose you may be quite busy now with seasonal summer work. . . Thanks for sharing that with us.

Let's keep this thread going!

HeavLeighGill

I do music teaching, examining, quality assurance, lecturing, content writing, bit of YouTubing, then language translating and interpreting. Just monetising everything that I have but my soul - that gets used up when trading

I feel you there! I have to say that trading can be boring, but I try to give it the most effort because the other things are more like hobbies I'm trying to monetize. I look forward to the days my kids are all in school (first is starting this August but I still have a couple years to go for the others). Hopefully then I'll have even more free time to work on all of these projects.

HeavLeighGill

I like to spend as much time travelling so I trade while I am on the road
I love that! I've always dreamed about trading on the road and traveling in an RV with my family during the summers. Just haven't tried yet because my kids are still so little, I'd like for them to be old enough to be out of the tantrum phase first.

HeavLeighGill

Once I took out a children's book to tell a story -"no no dad, we want to here a story from your mouth"  - never forgot that

Sounds like you're a great story teller! Have you ever tried writing stories to get published? It can be a tedious process but you can self-publish for free on Amazon these days, which is a bit simpler. I'm still trying to go the traditional route, querying agents, and going to self-publish a title or two just to see how things go.

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs

I do music teaching, examining, quality assurance, lecturing, content writing, bit of YouTubing, then language translating and interpreting. Just monetising everything that I have but my soul - that gets used up when trading

I feel you there! I have to say that trading can be boring, but I try to give it the most effort because the other things are more like hobbies I'm trying to monetize. I look forward to the days my kids are all in school (first is starting this August but I still have a couple years to go for the others). Hopefully then I'll have even more free time to work on all of these projects.

@HeavLeighGill  this does you credit, well done for believing in yourself - for you and for your children.

Hope things get easier with the start of school, you will have a bit more time for yourself, hopefully.

Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain
Pages: [1]   Go Up