Author Topic: New members  (Read 648 times)

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
Re: New members
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
Hello.
My name is Sharkie I am new hear and hope to learn forex from hear. Thank you all for your help

Hello Sharkie and welcome aboard.
You might find our beginners guide to forex a good starting point. If you have any questions just ask
Caesar

eddieb

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 03:05:05 PM »
Hi Elvis and Sharkie.

Good to have you here. As Caesar says, the beginners guide is a good starting point if forex is your game.

You may want to consider opening a demo account with a broker so that you can play around with the screens, see whats what, and see the indicators in action. If you use a broker who is registered in your home country, you can always open a small account with them further down the line.

A word of warning, if a broker ever contacts you to suggest going live or perhaps entering a certain trade, run a mile. No credible broker will ever, IMHO, do this.

Please ask if you have any questions, we're more than happy to help :)

Namaste
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

ElvisChute

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2020, 07:56:50 AM »
Hello again.
I have been reading up and as I do not have much money to begin with it looks like foreign exchange is my best chance as it doesnot need big sums of money.
Does that sound right??? I will read the guide here and learn as much as possible before moving on to the next step
When your mum gives you a name like mine you can either hate it or embrace it - p.s. dont step on my blue suede shoes

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »
Hello @ElvisChute
Sounds like a plan to me. Can I suggest that when you do decide to open an account and demo trade, you change the amount of "money" inthe account to a realistic number (broker will probably give $500k in play money) and set the leverage to 20-30.
This will make your demo trading more like how it will be when you finally go live

thescruff

• Do What You Love & The Money Will Follow !!
    • The Scruffy Trader
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 05:34:12 PM »
Hi

All my name is Gary better known as Langers (old nick name) , I trade for a living and just a child at heart so please dont be offended by my sense of humor as very childlike. This helps me calm my mind while at the screens each day.

PS do we have to do the verification thing on ever reply ?
The Scruffy Trader

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 07:06:25 PM »
Hello Gary and welcome, good to have you on board.

You only have to do the verification on your first few posts, is to discourage scammers. Hope you don't mind.

As for the 'child at heart', I think most men are the same, certainly I am. I don't know if you have children or not but I found one of lifes greatest pleasures is the bottomless pit of Dad Jokes that I can watch my kids wince at.

Caesar

julakis

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 04:02:36 PM »
Hello hello!

My name is Iulian, 26, live in Romania. I would not say I am a beginner, been grinding in and out over the last 2 years, but so far I haven't gotten anything consistent. Recently 2 friends convinced me to get back into this and because I've started watching the "scruffiest" trader of them all here I am :)

Markaria

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »
Hello hello!

My name is Iulian, 26, live in Romania. I would not say I am a beginner, been grinding in and out over the last 2 years, but so far I haven't gotten anything consistent. Recently 2 friends convinced me to get back into this and because I've started watching the "scruffiest" trader of them all here I am :)

Hi Iulian, hope all is well and good with you. I totally get what you are saying. Ive started/stopped, started/stopped forex before but now i am determined to stick with it. I also have watched @thescruff on youtube and have recently last week started a tiny ($10) account as a stepping stone to real trading.
I hope you enjoy it here and have some great experience.

Sharkie

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 04:32:28 PM »
My name is Iulian,
Hello Iulian its always good to see new members. If you have any questions just ask, I promise I wont bite! :)
Interesting fact: Sharks only attack humans if they are wet

Pipstar

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 09:49:31 AM »
Hello hello!

Hi Iulian, sorry its taken me so long to read your post but glad I did. How are you finding Scruffy Traders videos?

julakis

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 01:33:14 PM »
I really like the vids. He tries to explain everything he does, he is real and it's really nice to see bits and pieces of a traders life.

Kim

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 02:28:30 PM »
I really like the vids. He tries to explain everything he does, he is real and it's really nice to see bits and pieces of a traders life.

I agree with you. He comes across as a decent person as well. Not pushy or showy, I like his toys

eddieb

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2020, 08:24:49 AM »
he is real
That hits the nail right on the head!
There's no frills, no boasting or wild promises, the amounts of pips traded are realistic targets. No green lamborghinis
Just lots of coffee :)
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Kaitsu

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2020, 06:36:35 PM »
The benefits from Langers vids are actually very often "between the lines" so to say rather than his actual trades. I doubt many newcomers, or even many more experienced traders would trade such high pip values as he does. But that is not the real point in these vids. What they demonstrate, and underline in thick red ink, is the need for deep commitment and a thorough understanding of what one is actually doing. His trades often go against him for a while and sometimes quite far, and without a clear picture in one's head of what one is expecting and where one is going to call it quits, it would be a terrible psychological pressure just watching and wondering and hoping for a miracle!

He demonstrates the importance of a daily routine and the amount of time spent studying and planning v. the time actually trading.

He also amply demonstrates the strength that develops from the confidence that develops from the constant winnings that develop from his approach! That might sound funny, but confidence is a vitally important ingredient in markets that are far from logical and predictable. Ultimately, all we are trading is probability. 

eddieb

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2020, 07:42:38 AM »

all we are trading is probability
I like how he deliberately gives up some 'extra' pips to allow price to come to him. This increases the likelihood that momentum is in his favour since price is already moving in his direction when he enters a trade.
Doesn't always  work, but it does shift the odds in his favour.