Author Topic: Bitcoin and Altcoins  (Read 5780 times)

ElvisChute

Re: Bitcoin and Altcoins
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2021, 08:36:18 PM »
140bn worth of Bitcoin is lost or left in wallets that cannot be accessed
That sure is a whole chunk of Bitcoins
When your mum gives you a name like mine you can either hate it or embrace it - p.s. dont step on my blue suede shoes

LuckyMac

« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2021, 12:55:37 PM »
This was an interesting comment on Reuters today:

ST. LOUIS (Reuters) - It is “inevitable” that central banks including the U.S. Federal Reserve will start issuing digital currency, Philadelphia Federal Reserve bank president Patrick Harker said on Wednesday, while cautioning that the U.S. should not be the nation to lead such a move.

“Frankly I don’t think we should be the first mover as a nation to do this,” Harker said at a community banking conference here. But he added: “It is inevitable ... I think it is better for us to start getting our hands around it.”

Only got in the middle of last year but even that has been fun lol :)

eddieb

« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2021, 01:04:01 PM »
Only got in the middle of last year but even that has been fun lol
Nicely timed, you must be pleased with the rise this past few months.

Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Max

« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2021, 04:00:26 PM »
A 10% drop today, after just falling short of all time highs, illustrates exactly why I dont  trade this!
As far as I can see, there is no more reason to sell today than there was to buy earlier in the week.
Good luck to anyone here who is holding Bitcoin, I hope you bought in very cheap and not at the top

PipMeHappy

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2021, 09:12:34 PM »
Ah... this man here definitely needs a bit of luck...

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jan/14/man-newport-council-50m-helps-find-bitcoins-landfill-james-howells

YOU COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP... :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2021, 09:17:30 PM »
Yes, I read about him earlier.
Unbelievable. I hope they didn't cost him much, so his actual loss ( rather than his paper loss) isn't problematic.
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

eddieb

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2021, 09:50:40 PM »
Bitcoin jumped about $4,000 today after Elon Musk added #Bitcoin to his Twitter profile. It’s fair to say that the regulators and the system are struggling to copy with the pace of change in the market.
There's something seriously wrong when something as trivial as a tweet can do this, not to mention the possibility of this being used by an unscrupulous "celebrity" for his/her own financial gain. Think about it for a moment.
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

PipMeHappy

« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2021, 09:32:11 AM »
yes, thought technically it is a failed downside breakout:
when the previous triangle was broken to the downside
we were waiting to see if this would snowball into a more
sustained trend reversal but this jump has negated the
previous breakout.

Fundamentally there is very little to go on, so TA
and using stops is all there is for trading this...

I agree with you, if a tweet. like that is all it takes then
there is no point paying any attention to Bitcoin news.

Gazza

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2021, 01:13:23 PM »
WOW!!
Bitcoin just hit $50k for the first time.
I know Tesla and others seem to think this has got a real future, but all I see if bubble with no substance. For those who have joined late, please be careful. Bitcoin has dropped like a stone before and could easily do so again.

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2021, 11:35:17 AM »
Personally I have enjoyed trading XRP the most in the past 12 months.

I bought in at 0.2 and sold at 0.55.

Bought in again last month at 0.22 and sold at 0.35
Hi @BigJtradeslikeaPro
How's your trading lately? Prices have moved a lot since you last posted, hope you banked some bucks!
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

eddieb

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2021, 02:31:27 PM »
Coinbase, the big crypto exchange, has confirmed that it intends to go public via a direct listing rather than an IPO.

Choosing to go with a direct listing means that Coinbase will be selling shares directly to the public with no intermediaries or underwriters involved, as is the case with a traditional IPO. It also means the company will not be issuing new shares.

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2021, 09:01:21 AM »
It seems there are no limits to what the rich will do to get even more money.

Businessman John McAfee, creator of the McAfee anti-virus software, has been charged in the US with conspiracy to commit fraud and money laundering.

Mr McAfee and his bodyguard Jimmy Gale Watson Jr are accused of promoting cryptocurrencies to Mr McAfee's large Twitter following to inflate prices.

The currencies were then allegedly sold, making the pair $2m (£1.45m), prosecutors said.
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

ElvisChute

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »
Looks like more and more companies are prepared to accept Bitcoins as a currency.
The Oakland A’s baseball team recently announced it had priced full-season, luxury suite packages for one Bitcoin. In dollars, the full-season suite package costs around $65,000, so the A’s are offering a discount to those paying with the cryptocurrency.

They are the first sports franchise to price their tickets in Bitcoin. Other sports teams, including Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks of the NBA, accept Bitcoin as payments. The A’s have extended their Bitcoin offer until Apr. 1. As the token was trading at under the $54,000 level at the end of last week, it is a bargain.

Whatever Central Banks and governments might think, business looks like it might force them to accept Bitcoin whether they like it or not
When your mum gives you a name like mine you can either hate it or embrace it - p.s. dont step on my blue suede shoes

eddieb

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2021, 01:37:00 PM »
A new milestone today as the value of cryptocurrencies totalled $2 trillion for the first time.
Oddly, flows into Bitcoin funds are down to about 10% of their value at the end of 2020, although prices of Ether and XRP have soared recently to new highs

Sharkie

« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2021, 04:28:42 PM »
Hello all.

In 2010 Bitcoin was under 10c, today its around $60k, so a $1 investment would today be worth about $600,000.
Whats the chance of this happening to another crypto? Pretty slim, but is it worth putting $1 into 100 different cryptos? For a $100 risk, you could make a lot of money if just one of your cryptos becomes the next big thing
Worst case scenerio, you lose $100.

Worth thinking about? What do you think?
Interesting fact: Sharks only attack humans if they are wet