Author Topic: Bitcoin and Altcoins  (Read 5778 times)

Gazza

Re: Bitcoin and Altcoins
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2021, 09:57:19 AM »
Southampton FC have a sponsorship deal with Coingaming where, if performance bonuses are hit, the football club can opt to take payment of these bonuses in Bitcoins if they like.

A bit unusual, but maybe a sign of things to come?

Gazza

BWS

« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »
Hello all.

In 2010 Bitcoin was under 10c, today its around $60k, so a $1 investment would today be worth about $600,000.
Whats the chance of this happening to another crypto? Pretty slim, but is it worth putting $1 into 100 different cryptos? For a $100 risk, you could make a lot of money if just one of your cryptos becomes the next big thing
Worst case scenerio, you lose $100.

Worth thinking about? What do you think?

That is actually a decent idea, I might give this some consideration
"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm probably in the top 1" - Brian Clough

Kim

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2021, 04:05:51 PM »
Hiya!

Have you seen how much Dogecoin has gone up?  183%!!!! and 502% over 7 days.
 :o ???

eddieb

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2021, 04:10:02 PM »
UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak tweeted one word, 'Britcoin' after the Finance Minister announced a new Uk taskforce to look into a central bank digital currency.

The more nation central banks do this, the harder it is to see a future for Bitcoin anywhere near as good as its proponents hope for.
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Max

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2021, 03:35:50 PM »
Hi all!
Any one else see that the auction house Sothebys are going to accept bitcoins as payment for one of Banksy's pieces?
It doesnt say if this is just a one off or something they will do again, but its a start

BWS

« Reply #95 on: Today at 03:38:55 PM »
I saw this chart earlier showing year-on-year performance of the various cryptocurrencies.
Absolutely bonkers, this can surely only end in tears, it simply isnt sustainable.
"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm probably in the top 1" - Brian Clough