Author Topic: Krugman's DeFi and Ethereum Corner  (Read 442 times)

krugman25

• Krugman
    • My Twitter
Krugman's DeFi and Ethereum Corner
« on: November 30, 2020, 11:31:20 PM »
Hey all, my big plan here is to repost various tidbits from my Twitter, TradingView, or YouTube Channel.  Please feel free to ask question or make comments.  I will pretty much engage any DeFi or Ethereum topic here. Whether it be news, underlying technology, or charts.

krugman25

• Krugman
    • My Twitter
Re: Krugman's DeFi and Ethereum Corner
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 11:36:36 PM »
I will get started by posting the 3 chart analysis videos I made today for YFI, AAVE and ETH.

krugman25

• Krugman
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 11:45:17 PM »
A recent livestream where I do some analysis(mid video) and discuss LP'ing on Uniswap a bit(later in the video).  Use the links in the description to jump to those points if you want.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:49:37 PM by krugman25 »

krugman25

• Krugman
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 05:54:43 PM »
This was a Twitch live stream I did on Thanksgiving, shortly after crypto had a fairly decent sized plunge.  You can use the timestamp links in the description if you want to jump to certain parts of the video.

eddieb

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 07:18:49 PM »
Great stream Krugman, thanks.
Will follow your "Let's use" and "Let's create" videos when they're out.

Namaste
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

krugman25

• Krugman
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 12:18:20 AM »
I appreciate the kind comments @eddieb .  I hope I can get at least a few of these done before I travel soon.  It is amazing how much work goes into a short 3 minute or so tutorial video.  When I do have them finished I would love to hear yours and others feedback on what you think about the tutorials and if you feel like you came away from them with the knowledge to be able to use these protocols/applications yourself.  The ultimate goal is to give people the confidence in taking that step to using applications in the DeFi space.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:25:51 AM by krugman25 »

eddieb

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 07:49:59 AM »
I hadn't even heard of DeFi until you posted here. Is this a relatively new thing, or just another of many that  seem to have missed out on  :D

How are you for flying to South Korea? I know large parts of Asia are still out of bounds or subject to quarantine restrictions.
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

krugman25

• Krugman
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 02:53:19 PM »
I hadn't even heard of DeFi until you posted here. Is this a relatively new thing, or just another of many that  seem to have missed out on  :D
DeFi is fairly nascent and really only reached a useable point of maturity within the past year.  You can look at the TVL(total value locked) charts on www.defipulse.com to see about how much capital was on Ethereum in DeFi at different points in time.  You will see that this space really didn't begin growing in earnest until about 6 months ago where it went parabolic.

I think DeFi is Ethereum's killer use case.  Ethereum builds on the idea of decentralized and immutable currency on the blockchain and adds to it decentralized and immutable code on the blockchain.  That has allowed developers to write smart contracts which run and execute on-chain, and have become the building blocks for larger financial services like trading, lending and borrowing.  This has also allowed people who own cryptocurrency to be able to do things with their crypto, all while being able to retain full custody of it and never needing to move it onto a centralized exchange.

Personally, other than moving money to/from my bank account I haven't use a centralized exchange in almost a year.  I've completely managed my portfolio on the Ethereum blockchain and regularly use the various DeFi protocols. I need to add the disclaimer that due to how new DeFi is, it is very risky.  I would tell anyone wanting to get involved to do their research and stick to the protocols that have been around the longest and have a track record of security.

How are you for flying to South Korea? I know large parts of Asia are still out of bounds or subject to quarantine restrictions.
We are traveling to S.K. to finalize an adoption that we started over a year ago (our 5th child and 2nd adoption).  Thankfully travel to Korea has remained open but it is more burdensome than it was before.  When my family and I arrive in Korea we will have to immediately go into a sort of quarantine and will be there for at least 2 weeks.  Once the quarantine is finished we will be allowed to move inside of the country.  It's unbelievably expensive as well since we have to pay daily fees for each person for the 14 days.  I imagine that the only people who are traveling to Korea right now are those that absolutely have to.  Even once we are there we really won't be going out much due to the stigma of going out as a large family during the coronavirus, but we have some friends who live in Seoul who we plan on spending quite a bit of time with.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:57:44 PM by krugman25 »

krugman25

• Krugman
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2020, 08:25:48 PM »
Early November was as close to "blood in the streets" as I had seen since DeFi took off on late 2019.

https://twitter.com/krugman25/status/1322299710846177283?s=20
https://twitter.com/krugman25/status/1324755734740062218?s=20

« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 08:31:12 PM by krugman25 »