Author Topic: Short Selling: a Chat With Traders interview with Dan David (Wolfpack Research)  (Read 644 times)

PipMeHappy

eddieb

@PipMeHappy have you seen the big short selling story this week, GamesStop and others?
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
You mean this?
Investing.com  GameStop, AMC, Nokia (NYSE:NOK) and a slew of other "meme stocks" backed by retail investors jumped in after-hours trade Thursday, after online trading platform Robinhood said it would lift some trading restrictions on the stocks.

GameStop (NYSE:GME) rose 31% to $259 in after-hours trade after closing down 43%. AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC) 21% to $10.56 after falling 56% on the day. Nokia ended the day down 13.25%, Naked Brand Group Ltd (NASDAQ:NAKD) rose 6% in after-hours trade, while Express Inc (NYSE:EXPR)11% and Blackberry (TSX:BB) rose 8%.

Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

PipMeHappy

@Caesar  @eddieb

Yes, and it flies in the face of efficient market hypothesis (EMH) which considers retail traders 'noise' and
incapable of impacting price or 'rational' investors... Here is an example of what happens when retail traders
bring about a concerted, united effort ... Of course, pushing a stock may be possible for them, but not so much pushing, say, the Euro ... Large-cap stock of the size of Amazon would need a lot of retail traders (by which I also mean fund managers) to push them around like this...

Anyway, would you trade that? It is a pure gamble getting in, never mind trying to get out (if you can at the price you would like)...

Not for the faint hearted...

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
would you trade that?
Most certainly not.
I did read of an American guy who had invested $50k in GameStop in 2019 and now has $22 million!
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

eddieb

This article on BBC website is a good read
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55843829
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

PipMeHappy