Author Topic: The 3 Ducks Trading System  (Read 2283 times)

Magyar

Re: The 3 Ducks Trading System
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2020, 04:08:07 PM »
Hiya. Itís a real shame about captain currency and it makes me kind of discouraged to keep with his system. I think Iíll keep trying it on demo for now but there havenít been many clear chances to trade. Iíll also keep studying fx in general to see what I can learn

Hello Kim. Did you keep the 3 duck demo account or have you give it up and try something else?

Kim

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2020, 08:36:36 AM »
Hiya.
I stopped the 3 ducks. If Captain  Currency was struggling with it, what chance do I have?
I'm watching @thescruff videos and following your $10 thread to see if I can pick up any ideas or inspiration that I  can build my own plan around.
Wish me luck!!

Kaitsu

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »
I stopped the 3 ducks. If Captain  Currency was struggling with it, what chance do I have?
I'm watching @thescruff videos and following your $10 thread to see if I can pick up any ideas or inspiration that I  can build my own plan around.
Wish me luck!!
Even if the 3 ducks were still quacking healthily it is still a good idea at your stage to explore other methods and strategies. That is one way to get the most out of your demo trading!

Whilst the Langers videos offer a lot of valuable knowledge and advice he does not offer a specific trading strategy with set rules and parameters as a take-away. In addition, his trading style does not suit most "apprentice" traders because he works with very large position sizes for relatively small pip ranges.

So it is usually inevitable for traders to develop their own systems. But that is not so very difficult if one clarifies a few basic issues first. A few examples:

- What timeframe to work with, intraday or swing trading or longer term

- What analysis approach indicators or Price Action. Naturally, these are not mutually exclusive and most traders seem to combine them in some degree but there is usually a bias towards one or the other. E.g. PA but with an MA, or bollinger bands with S/R lines etc.

- What risk/reward is appropriate to the size of one's equity

- Discretionary or mechanical

Once these kinds of issues are settled then it is fairly easy to (a) identify what you need to know to make entry/exit decisions and then (b) select what indicators/PA can provide you with what you need to know. Since most experienced traders would agree that "the fewer the better" then it is not too difficult to find the solutions for your "starter pack". This can then be tweaked as time goes by to jettison what is superfluous, and add what is missing.

Ships are safe in harbour - but that is not what ships are for......

thescruff

• Do What You Love & The Money Will Follow !!
    • The Scruffy Trader
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2020, 11:05:55 AM »
My videos are a hobby there to inspire rather than teach as all traders look at the charts different and will not apply the methods the same way that I do or over trade thinking its a winner every time and then fail.

Many disagree with my way which is their choice and if their methods work good luck to them ,however I am happy with how I trade & look for consistence gains each day by being selective in what I look for in a couple of high probability trades. Ultimately patience is the key to success.
The Scruffy Trader

Kim

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2020, 11:35:12 AM »
I am happy with how I trade
That's the only thing that matters in the end. I find it inspiring to see a normal bloke, not some flash Harry, making a very good living out of trading. I also find it refreshingly honest when you show your losing trades or talk about the long road you have taken to get where you are.
You do teach, even if that's not the intention. You teach people to be patient, to safeguard their account, not to be greedy, and I would like to say thank you for that.

thescruff

• The Scruffy Trader
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2020, 02:32:43 PM »
Very kind of you and pleased that the channel helps , keep trucking as we all trying to get to the same destination, we just use different roads :)
The Scruffy Trader

Kaitsu

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2020, 03:00:34 PM »
You teach people to be patient, to safeguard their account, not to be greedy,
Exactly!
From what I have seen on another site over some years, when new traders find themselves losing they look for the problem in their trading strategy. But most often the problem does not lie in the method, rather in the trader themselves. Instead of living an eternal circle of adding and/or tampering with various indicators and lines, one is more likely to become successful quicker by focusing on oneself and one's trading characteristics such as the one's you mention....... that is why Langers is very useful.
Ships are safe in harbour - but that is not what ships are for......

thescruff

• The Scruffy Trader
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2020, 03:42:10 PM »
that is why Langers is very useful.

LOL not sure Winky would say I am useful,
The Scruffy Trader

BWS

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »
@thescruff
Hello.
Off topic I know, but are you able to block abusive members on your Youtube channel, or do you have to hope they lose interest and move on somewhere else?
Ben
"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm probably in the top 1" - Brian Clough

thescruff

• The Scruffy Trader
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2020, 04:01:23 PM »
Yes they can be blocked and reported on forums and youtube so they are monitored and if seen to be a pest banned , however does not stop the emails or the messages coming through. Have a couple who keep changing email address so I block one and the week after a new one appears. I don't get it if they dont like what I do or who I am watch something else. Hey ho if it makes them happy 
The Scruffy Trader

Pipstar

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2020, 09:05:07 PM »
Have a couple who keep changing email address so I block one and the week after a new one appears.
Hi.
Can you not block their IP address?