Author Topic: Demo traders pretending to be real  (Read 438 times)

mark1111

Demo traders pretending to be real
« on: October 04, 2020, 03:34:15 PM »
Hi

I see as you have a section on scammers that you do not lie liars so just to let your forum know that one of your posters here is being deceptive in what he posts and is likely using your forum as a conduit to attract victims to take their money
I have proof and can verify to you if requested as this person tries his best to stop the truth coming out

Mark

Kaitsu

Re: Demo traders pretending to be real
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 08:40:54 AM »
You make a very serious accusation here!

in my opinion, those that register and post one post accusing others of such things without evidence is just a Troll.

However, we all know that the internet, and especially, financial sites, are rife with scammers and ulterior motives of various kinds. So, in my opinion, you either present your proof or drop the subject. Unsubstantiated accusations from behind the anonymity of the internet is of no benefit to anyone.

If you offer no proof then the moderator will be asked to delete this thread.
Ships are safe in harbour - but that is not what ships are for......

mark1111

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 09:27:24 AM »
Its a good thing opinions count for nothing then

But here is your proof none the less

The Scruffy trader pretending he is a legit live trader but only trades on demo and falsifies his trade histories

Kaitsu

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 10:39:41 AM »
Its a good thing opinions count for nothing then

But here is your proof none the less

The Scruffy trader pretending he is a legit live trader but only trades on demo and falsifies his trade histories
I am fully aware that my opinions count for nothing - that is why I make a point of emphasising that they are my opinions.

Your vids contain details that do indeed appear to raise issues that beg explanation from Scruffy. I will certainly invite him to comment here if he has not already seen your postings.

Thank you for putting a name and evidence to your claim. (In my opinion) everyone who posts in public has an obligation to answer issues, such as you raise here, that question their input.

mark1111

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 11:13:09 AM »
He has seen them.He spent the weekend getting them removed from youtube and trying to remove them form other forums.That was why I didnt initially want to post in public .

I am not a troll .I just dont like people claiming things that are not true. Especially when your ethos is REAL MONEY REAL WORLD and you actually shame instagram green lamborghini traders when you are exactly the same

I apologise if I came across a bit hostile ,Its just he has alot a worshippers that refuse to believe the truth
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 11:16:57 AM by mark1111 »

Kaitsu

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 11:57:41 AM »
I am not a troll .I just dont like people claiming things that are not true.
I am sure everyone on this site feels exactly the same way. Scamming is perhaps the biggest devil in the trading business and so many people get hurt by it even though it is sometimes their own fault for not doing their own due diligence - but even that does not justify the scamming!

It is also one of the worst negative influences on forums. So far, this one has remained clear of that - or has it! That seems to be the question here!
,Its just he has a lot a worshippers that refuse to believe the truth
His videos contain a lot of good advice concerning training in principle but I doubt many retail traders could/would emulate his trading style  of huge position size and for a few pips.

But I am still not sure why you say that he is:
likely using your forum as a conduit to attract victims to take their money

Are you suggesting that he encourages people to trust their funds with him to trade on their behalf? I have not seen such an invite in the vids that I have seen (I should add that I stopped watching them some time back when they started to contain adverts! I hate being "forced" to watch adverts and avoid any media that shoves them in my face!).

Maybe you could expand how you see the actual mechanics of how he would be "taking their money"?

Personally, I thank you for raising this issue, it is always healthy to have such situations clarified!

mark1111

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 12:09:57 PM »
He posts videos claiming he made hundreds on this day ,thousands on this day and its easy .He puts up his videos and has links to his site in his profile .So that makes you visit him and see he can do it so he can make me do it.
So now it costs you 1.99- 24.99 to become a member on his channel .Worth it if you can make thousands a day
But its all smoke and Mirrors

You said you use to watch so you know he puts stops very far away but as its demo he doesnt care, his trade can go as far offside as he wants.But the people who pay him use real money and when they see their real balance dwindle they loose their money.

ITs no different when he is on his video calling out instagram traders for being fake

Kaitsu

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »
You said you use to watch so you know he puts stops very far away
He places his hard stops a long way from his positions, but also carries a mental stop "zone" where he will reconsider the situation. I tend to do the same. My hard stops are mainly a safety net in case of a serious spike or so-called "black swan event. So that, in itself, is not unusual.

The core issue here is really whether or not he is claiming to trade live but is actually trading demo. The answer to that can only really come from Langers himself, so I have written to him advising of this thread and it is now up to him to respond  - or not - that is for him alone to decide! :) However, silence is not actually an admission of guilt.

But I do thank you for raising your doubts, together with your evidence, this is the only way to keep a forum clean and healthy. I won't say any more, now! :)

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 01:41:00 PM »
Hello guys.
Just letting you know that we are looking into this and will post back in due course.
Caesar
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

Pipstar

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 04:20:52 PM »
Hello @mark1111

Ive been watching most of scruffytraders video clips and I have to say that he comes across as a really decent bloke, nothing flash or boastful about him.
Have you had a bad experience with him or is this just something you noticed while browsing yourself?

I have to say Im really disappointed to read this and I hope @thescruff will come here to give us his side. I always thought all his trades were on real accounts, not demo.

mark1111

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 04:27:11 PM »
@Pipstar .To be honest so did I ..He came up on my youtube and I watched all his videos.But then I saw the demo trade and looked more closely at his videos and found more inconsistencies

Pipstar

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
Hi Mark.

Did you join the scruffy squad? Thats a recent thing I think, Im sure he didnt have that when I first started watching.

PipMeHappy

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 04:37:22 PM »
@mark1111  welcome to the forum!

As @Caesar @Pipstar @Kaitsu  and @eddieb  said, it would be very disappointing if @thescruff made unverified claims.

Like anything, you can be the most regulated financial entity and still scam people: we can all trust the 'wrong' people

from time to time.

I must say, I do not follow anybody's trading but my own, and I did not see evidence of Scruffy trying to get people

to buy into a scheme etc. therefore the only issue is whether he claimed the demo was live.

I can add one thing: in all my YouTube videos when I talk about my demo I make sure that the word 'demo' goes in

there somewhere, but of course it somebody skipped the introduction and missed that bit then they may think it is

a live account. I think that as long as you make it clear that it is a demo account then as long as you do not sell anything

to the public then it does matter beyond semantics whether people think it is demo or live. So if you put it in the description

('show more' section) and they do not read it, or you state it at the start of the video and they skip that (because they have

no time or patience for words) then you have done your best to be honest. Beyond that, a chart is a chart and if someone

can learn from your methods then it cannot  be a bad thing.

Also, a profitable live trader can still try new things on demo from time to time, so it is not like if you use demo in some videos

it is per se evidence of a failed trader.

Let us see what @thescruff  says and I am pleased to see that on this forum we do not have a lynch mob mentality: everyone

deserves to answer for themselves.

Thanks for bringing the topic to the attention of the forum and I am sure that the admins will look into it.

Stay safe
PipMe

eddieb

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 08:06:11 AM »
@Pipstar .To be honest so did I ..He came up on my youtube and I watched all his videos.But then I saw the demo trade and looked more closely at his videos and found more inconsistencies

Hello Mark1111.

Like some of the other members have already said, I'm surprised and disappointed to read this.

I hope @thescruff will post a reply, as things stand we don't know what to make of this and it is only fair to have his say.

Regardless of what the final outcome of this story is, thank you for bringing it up and I hope we hear more from you on other aspects of trading.

Namaste

Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Sharkie

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 06:55:50 PM »
This is a surprising thread, defo didn't expect this when I logged on.
@mark1111 have you any more info that you can add? I don't see much wrong with using a demo account but I  do get your point. It would be good to hear from scruffy, I'm sure there's a good reason.
Interesting fact: Sharks only attack humans if they are wet