Author Topic: The story of Navinder Singh, the London retail trader accused of the 2010 crash  (Read 152 times)

PipMeHappy

https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-194-liam-vaughan-flash-crash/

"Liam Vaughan is a finance author and senior reporter for Bloomberg.

His latest book Flash Crash tells the story of Navinder Singh Sarao, a London trader, living at his parents house, who made ~$70M from his bedroom and was later accused by the U.S. government of playing a role in the 2010 Flash Crash."

Kim

Have you read this Pipmehappy?
I haven't heard of him as this was before I started getting into trading, but I  am tempted, so would appreciate your opinion.
Kim  :)

PipMeHappy

Hello @Kim  here is the author speaking about his recent book:

https://www.cityam.com/a-machiavellian-mastermind-or-a-naive-kid-the-story-of-the-flash-crash-trader/

I also just listened to the whole interview on the podcast and it is an
amazing story...

If I had time I would read this book immediately but I do not have
capacity at the moment with my CMT exam preparation.

Yes, the story was big news at the time...

eddieb

Thats an interesting article PMH, thanks for posting.
Think I'll get the book ordered and have a little read, will let you know what I think of it.
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

Kim

Hello @Kim  here is the author speaking about his recent book:
Thanks Pipmehappy.

BWS

I remember when this happened, the media of course went to town on it as they do. Mind, a 1000 point drop on the DJ in seconds would catch their attention.
From what I remember the lad was unlucky in so much as what he was doing had only been made illegal by the US a few months before and he wasnt aware of this.
The US courts sympathised with him and he got a very lenient sentence, 1 year of home detention.
"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm probably in the top 1" - Brian Clough