Author Topic: What is moving the markets this week  (Read 6809 times)

eddieb

Re: What is moving the markets this week
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2020, 03:56:11 PM »
Its been quite the day today. Shares, Forex pairs all making decent sized moves.
Various reasons, including increased likelihood that Bank of England will reduce rates, the UK government and other nations will increase stimulus packages, and the belief that the UK and EU will have to come to some sort of agreement sooner rather than later.

On the horizon, watch out for tomorrows first debate between Trump and Biden. How each handles himself and how the markets react is anybody's guess, so it could be volatile.

Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

eddieb

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2020, 08:23:53 AM »
Bit of a slow start this morning.

European markets fairly flat as we wait to see if governments introduce new stimulus plans for economies.

Everything could change very quickly, one announcement is all it needs to get the ball rolling
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

eddieb

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2020, 10:00:57 AM »
No doubt what is moving markets today, news of Trump catching Coronavirus.

Futures for the S&P 500 fell 1.8% in Asian trading after the news, extending earlier losses, while barometers of risk sentiment, such as the Australian dollar and Treasury yields, dipped.

An interesting comment in Investing.com- “Trump has been trailing behind Biden and he has clearly failed to narrow the gap after the first debate ... I suspect markets will lean towards the view that Biden will likely win the election,” said Naoya Oshikubo, senior economist at Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Asset Management. “What I am worried is that he will become even more aggressive against China after he caught the virus himself.”

If that were to happen, especially if Trump were re-elected, we can only guess what the affect might be on the markets

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2020, 01:45:11 PM »
NFP just announced
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

eddieb

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2020, 02:47:08 PM »
NFP just announced

That was a disappointment, more than expected. Added to Trumps Covid news this hasnt been a great start to the US markets, opening down.