Author Topic: Investors in my city duped by conman operating a Ponzi scheme worth millions...  (Read 211 times)

PipMeHappy

Read and weep....  :'( :'(  :'(  :'(

eddieb

That is just shocking and I'm glad he got a long enough sentence to, basically,  end his life in prison.
Other than your local paper, has this appeared anywhere else, I've certainly not seen it on the media in England?
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

PipMeHappy

That is just shocking and I'm glad he got a long enough sentence to, basically,  end his life in prison.
Other than your local paper, has this appeared anywhere else, I've certainly not seen it on the media in England?

Not sure, @eddieb , but it jolly well should. He is now appealing his sentence... ridiculous, but of course it is right and
proper that he should have the opportunity to, though I doubt that much will change.

There are so many scams... I get calls on the landline from HMRC saying that police have an arrest warrant out: the first
time I heard it I knew it was a scam and I looked it up later on, which confirmed that indeed it was a scam. I imagine someone
with mental health issues getting that call and going into an absolute panic. Shocking.

Anyway...

As I have been looking into getting FCA-certified at the most basic level, I have been reflecting on how a Ponzi scheme
of the above kind went on through the hands of a man who was not only a financial advisor but also regulated and registered
with the FCA... This means that while the majority of registered financial advisors are legit, having the FCA seal of approval
unfortunately does not stop every crook having a go at gaining the trust of new clients for his/her scam operation...

Sad, really sad.

PipMe

eddieb

There's always one or two who are greedy enough to chance it and stupid enough to think they'll get away with it forever.
Disclaimer. Posts are just my thoughts,  not recommendations.  Do your own due diligence before trading

PipMeHappy

@eddieb  like this guy, caught in January of this year duping people into 'investing' in his forex scheme...

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/09/rich-kid-instagram-trader-scammed-hundreds-victims-4000000-12033385/

Caesar

• Administrator
  • Admin
    • NotTheNoobs
@eddieb  like this guy, caught in January of this year duping people into 'investing' in his forex scheme...

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/09/rich-kid-instagram-trader-scammed-hundreds-victims-4000000-12033385/

He is exactly the sort @thescruff talks about on his videos, Instagram muppets with flash cars
Hail Caesar.
No, just a bit of rain

thescruff

• Do What You Love & The Money Will Follow !!
    • The Scruffy Trader
LOL yep would love to see them trade live , oh look there is a pig flying holding hens teeth  :)
The Scruffy Trader

Kim

I hate scammers and con men. I hope they get locked away for a very long time and I hope news like this is publicised so other people know about it

Pipstar

Thats life unfortunately.
Wherever there is money there are conmen and thieves waiting to steal it.
You just need to be aware. Trust nobody when it comes to money. Sad but true